Wednesday 11 September 2013

BareFaced Beauty Mineral Blush Review.

Hello again. I've done a couple of skin and haircare reviews, so thought it was time I talked make up!
Next up is BareFaced Beauty. I have only tried one item by this brand, and that's the mineral blush. As a long term devotee to Lily Lolo, I admit I haven't done much experimenting with other mineral make up companies. So when my Lily Lolo blush ran out, I started using this alternative. BareFaced beauty describe themselves as "an award winning mineral makeup brand devoted to providing you with the most natural mineral cosmetics available anywhere in the world. Our mineral makeup is made from 100% natural minerals and contains no Alcohol, Chemicals, Parabens, Perfume or Bismuth Oxychloride. Our cosmetics have gained Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny approval, vegan society approval, vegetarian society approved and also halal approval."

So far, so good. So how does it compare...

Description

Colour- Selene

"Made with a high density of the most expensive ingredients on the market, this gorgeous natural makeup will give you a lovely silk sheer look and add a bit of warmth to your complexion."

blusher-selene-pic

Price
£10.00 from the official website.

Packaging
Plastic container. Screw top lid. Clear so you can see how much you have left. Silver detailing around rim has become quite dirty. 

Left sample, blusher worked in.
Right sample, as applied straight onto hand.
Liked
*Very Pigmented. Less is more. 
*Lovely warm colour. Described on website as a matt, rich, rosy shade. It definitely adds rose to your cheeks.
*Ever so slightly shimmery. Catches in the light.
*Stays on all day. 
*Blends into your make up well.

Disliked
*Could have done with a lockable sifter, the blush goes everywhere if you're not careful.

Recommended for:
Anybody who wants a flattering shade blush which lasts all day.

Repurchase?
Definitely, if I ever get through the whole container. It lasts forever because you use so little!

Rating:
9/10.  No complaints. 

Buy From

Have you tried any good natural blushes? I'm looking at maybe experimenting with a cream or pressed powder blush next. Got any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. I like this brand but I was quite disappointed that the lid wasn't a swivel top like the first item I received from them. Haven't been a blush user as often have red cheeks anyway, but I like the colour you chose :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! What was the top like on your latest item? What have you bought from them in the past? I'm curious to try their other items :) x

      Delete